Website Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation
Elderly Housing Development and Operations Corporation (“EHDOC”), a national non-profit affordable housing developer, owner and property management company that operates over 59 multifamily properties with over 4,800 units in 14 states, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, is seeking to hire a full-time Regional Compliance Specialist for the Corporate Office located in Plantation, FL.
This position will be assigned a portfolio of properties to be responsible for the compliance oversight of various State and Federal funding programs. Programs include but are not limited to LIHTC, Section 8, HUD, and HOME. This position will review and make determinations on household eligibility based on specific government requirements and will review applications for completeness and accuracy according to written company guidelines. This position will work closely with assigned properties to ensure that applications and annual recertification’s are processed in a prompt, accurate, and timely fashion. This position requires a very detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills. The Regional Compliance Specialist will adhere to and be familiar with non-discrimination policies as defined by the Fair Housing Laws. Responsible to stay current on changes to various programs and prepare for HUD Management and Occupancy reviews and LIHTC Compliance reviews. This position will not have any direct reports and will report to the Vice President of Compliance.
Successful candidate will have experience auditing applicant/resident files for compliance to meet required government agency regulations. Should understand how to monitor rental assistance/subsidy availability, minimum set-aside, utility allowance calculations and unit income targeting percentage requirements. Knowledge of TRACS/EIV and Waiting Lists preferred. A minimum of two years’ experience is required in the administration of occupancy requirements, restrictions and regulations in Affordable Housing. Will work with the compliance team in establishing corporate policy for compliance and assist in the training of on-site staff on compliance related policies and procedures.
This is a remote position for the Illinois area. Candidate must be willing to visit the corporate office in Plantation, Florida periodically.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts review of first year initial qualifying LIHTC and HUD files.
- Assists with initial lease up of EHDOC communities by reviewing housing applications, determining eligibility of household and insuring all required documentation is provided and is placed in the tenant file prior to the household moving in.
- Reviews complex property tenant files, enters data into compliance databases, determines if existing data in databases are accurate and updates databases with accurate information as needed.
- Reviews corrective action documentation and determines resolution of compliance issues. Must gather and analyze information.
- Provide thorough written communication to relay file deficiencies; ensure important information is passed to those who need to know.
- Ensure file corrections are made to be in compliance with regulations and procedures. Use strong prioritization skills to ensure move in preapproval files are reviewed within a strict 24-hour period.
- Ensure first year LIHTC files are copied and secured in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing monitoring objectives, procedures, and forms to monitor compliance.
- Assist with determining compliance form revisions and be responsible for maintaining compliance forms up to date.
- Adheres to all Department policies and procedures.
- Assist senior staff on due diligence tasks for new property compliance.
- Attend compliance related training.
- Assist at other properties as assigned.
- Be empathetic and care about the work you do – each file you process represents a person or family applying for assistance for affordable housing.
- Organize, prepare, and complete special projects as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Excellent time management, mathematical reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to compose clear and concise written correspondence.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to operate calculator, adding machine and personal computer.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two Years’ Experience in Affordable Housing. If no affordable housing background must have related experience.
- Experience in compliance with state, county and federal funding programs including Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), BOND, HOME, and/or HUD Assisted Programs preferred.
- Experience in RealPage [OneSite] Leasing & Rents Software.
- Ability to work at a computer either sitting or standing for up to eight hours daily.
- Ability to work in an office environment and use office machines.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 30 pounds.
Elderly Housing Development & Operations Corporation and EHDOC Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.